“The invaluable guidance to be found in this book…must surely engender a ‘must have’ reaction from anyone engaged in the IT contracting process.” Geoff Shingles, CBE (from the foreword to this edition)
Drafting and Negotiating IT Contracts provides a perspective on IT contracts that is practical rather than academic, it contains an informed narrative designed to assist when negotiating a wide range of contracts, supported by an extensive collection of precedents. It ensures that those who have different objectives to achieve in agreeing the contract can all find their solution in this book.
Building flexible and safe contracts:
Drafting and Negotiating IT Contracts, Third Edition shows how building in flexibility is an integral part of constructing contracts. For practical help it contains:
• Explanations of complex legal concepts;
• Help in identifying the risk factors involved if various provisions are omitted or left unchallenged;
• Valuable template contracts are provided as starting points;
• Useful checklists to aid the contract drafting process;
• An accompanying CD-ROM allowing the book to be read and used in digital form, and ensuring easy access to the precedents.
Cloud computing and further updates:
This third edition is packed full of updates and new content, such as a new chapter that discusses the negotiability of contracts between cloud computing providers and customers, sections on software and digital business that cover the evolution of new forms of software provision, both on- and off-line, conventionally and as a service, as well as models for agile and traditional software development agreements.
Other updates include:
• Privacy in relation to e-commerce and websites;
• Compliance with data protection laws;
• Business continuity and disaster recovery;
• The impact of competition law.
Previous ISBN: 9781845920241