Company Acquisitions Handbook, Tenth Edition is an essential step by step guide to the acquisition process, from some of the UK’s leading corporate strategy and corporate finance experts.
This highly practical guide covers all aspects of the corporate acquisition process, from the strategic decision to make an acquisition, to planning and implementation, all the way through to post acquisition management.
The tenth edition is updated to include coverage of:
– The changes brought about by the full implementation of the Companies Act 2006
– The impact of the credit crunch, global recession (including remuneration reviews) and the rise of the BRIC countries on the volume, nature and financing of M&A and the significant changes in deal structuring and the capital markets
– The increasing role of the communications Strategy
– Defined contribution (‘DC’) pension schemes enrolment costs
– Expanded coverage of recent contribution notices and financial support directions that have real implications for deals
– The imposition of competition law on property transactions following the removal of the Land Exclusion Order in 2012
– The Environmental Permitting (England and Wales) Regulations 2010; the introduction of the CRC Energy Efficiency Scheme and its impact on transactions; and new considerations around Energy Performance Certificates
– All current relevant case law including recent cases relating to guarantors released from liability in respect of assignments and employment law
Legal advisers, chairmen, company secretaries, corporate executives, mergers and acquisitions professionals will all benefit from the easy to follow instructions and the large amount of legal knowledge contained in Company Acquisitions Handbook.