The importance of blockchain and cryptocurrencies continually evolving. The first book on this increasingly important topic, Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: International Legal and Regulatory Challenges, is a pioneering and seminal read which aims to identify regulatory gaps and establish the first applicable legal framework.
Written by well-known experts in cyber law, this reference work covers:
· Blockchain – IP/ownership/legal consequences of use/areas of regulation
· Crypto Assets – Security of wallets/IP/Data Sovereignty
· The internet of things – Current regulation/ability of smart cities based on IOT to comply with pending legislation/regulation
· The impact of GDPR/DPB
· How Blockchain will impact on ownership of raw materials, eg energy, power and water and the legal implications
· Comparative international compliance regimes/cross border jurisdiction issues
· International cyber enforcement and certification
· Decentralised Autonomous Organisations (DAOs) – Regulation and liability
Coverage of the FCA/Bank of England/UK Treasury discussion paper for cryptocurrencies is also included and the impact these guidelines will have on possible future regulations. Case studies, flowcharts and handy checklists are also included for ease of use.
Blockchain and Cryptocurrency: International Legal and Regulatory Challenges is essential reading for commercial practitioners, IT and IP practicioners, financial regulatory practitioners, corporate/white collar crime practitioners, property practitioners, in-house counsel, practitioners in private practice, particularly those who advise entrepreneurs, and corporate and individual investors.